Vern Plant founded Plant Engineering Consultants, Inc. in 1993 with the vision of bringing together engineers with great character and exceptional competence. Each one of our professionally licensed engineers is determined to exceed the expectations of our clients. Today, Plant Engineering Consultants, Inc. brings a wealth of knowledge, a broad base of experience, and new perspectives to projects in various markets across our home state of Colorado and the United States.
A Word From Our President
It has been my extraordinary privilege not only to have founded Plant Engineering Consultants in Colorado Springs nearly 30 years ago but to see this firm endure, flourish, and succeed over that time. In May of 1993, I could only envision an engineering firm that would provide the highest level of service with excellence. Much has changed over the past twenty years, but what has stood the test of time is my commitment to the principles I founded Plant Engineering Consultants upon:
- Bring together people of character and competence who are determined to exceed the expectations of our clients.
- Benefit our clients by creating designs and documents that communicate complex engineering information clearly and concisely to facilitate constructability.
What I envisioned in 1993 would never have been achieved without my dedicated team and our valued clients. Whether we’ve had the honor to be of service to you for our more than twenty-eight years in business, or if you are a new friend we have just begun building a relationship with, I thank you!
Our approach to engineering begins with understanding the details of our client’s needs.
This is followed by the application of our comprehensive knowledge of the:
- unique requirements
- design constraints
- potential pitfalls
- issues related to
- code compliance
to the particular type of facility or system we are designing
We integrate the perspectives offered by the:
- design team
into the design process to ensure that the best solution is delivered.
The engineering information is then refined and communicated through
During construction, we work with the contractors to ensure the design intent is followed and that the owner’s interests are represented.
Our goals are to:
- help deliver systems that serve the owner’s requirements
- leave the client with no reason to choose another firm to meet their future engineering needs.
An organization of people with character and competence who are determined to exceed the expectations of our clients, making us THE choice for mechanical and electrical engineering.
To pay attention to the details of our clients’ needs, prepare clear documents, continue to develop our professionals, and create a culture of excellence.
Software We Use at Plant Engineering Consultants, Inc.
- Revit & BIM360
- AutoCAD Plant 3D
- Bluebeam Revu
- Agi32 (Illumination Analysis)
- Visual (Illumination Analysis)
- Trane TRACE 3D Plus
- Diamond System Builder (Mitsubishi VRF Sizing)
- ETAP (Electrical Power System Analysis, Circuit Breaker Selective Coordination Analysis, Arc Flash Hazard Analysis)